[This article describes the new version of the app. The screenshots are from the old version. With the new version, you should see Minut(s) instead of Point(s).]
With Minut Smart Home Alarm you can be aware of detected motion and recognize alarms in your home.
The alarm function is easily turned on and off for each added home. Simply go to the alarm view of the home you want to activate, go to the alarm view and tap Turn alarm on. When you want to turn off the alarm you do the same thing by tapping Turn alarm off.
The new feature Silent alarm lets you arm Minut without the siren going off when there is an emergency event. You will instantly get a notification about the event on your phone, without the 45 sec of grace period. This feature helps you to monitor your home and get notified when something critical happens without the siren going off. In this article you can see how to turn the silent alarm on:
The Silent Alarm
How to test and use the alarm function
1. Go to the Alarm view
2. Tap Turn alarm on
3. Trigger alarm by walking below the Minut you want to test.
4. When motion is detected a count down of 45 seconds starts and you'll have time to Turn alarm off. The device is now beeping and the count down shows how many seconds there are left until the alarm starts.
5. After the count down the alarm is ringing and notifications are sent to you and your family members to let you know that something has been detected back home. All family members can see which device triggered the alarm and at what time and will also be able to turn it off by pressing Silence. When doing this Minut will stop ringing and the alarm situation is considered to be under control.
6. If you have invited friends to your home they can be notified automatically when you or your family can’t respond. A tip is to add a few neighbors to create a safe neighborhood watch, read more about it here.
If anyone in the family opens the app before the 45 seconds (step 5) have run out, the automatic escalation to friends will be canceled. The app will tell if the automatic escalation is stopped and by whom, or if it has already been escalated. Friends will be notified and connected through Minut's chat function and will all be able to help out and form an action plan.
7. The alarm has an expire time of two minutes, excluding the 45 seconds you'll get to turn the alarm off, and will go back to normal mode after this since the event should be noticed and over by then.
When testing the alarm you should keep in mind that after Minut has been triggered, there's an interval of 45 seconds when it can't be triggered again. After silencing the alarm, you also have to turn the alarm on to test it once again.
In case your phone is out of battery and you trigger the alarm to go off you will be able to turn the sound off by pressing the main button. However, it'll still be sending notifications and alarming to the rest of your family and friends until they turn it off and they'll also get an notification that the device has been muted.