Friends and neighbours that live nearby are often several times faster at responding to emergencies. With the Point app, you can set up your safety network. Point forwards critical events to this group in case no one in the family responds.
To add a friend
- Open the Groups tab in the Point app
- Tap the "+" icon in the top right corner
- Tap the "Invite friend" button
- Enter the name and email address of the friend you would like to add.
An email is sent to your friend with an instruction of how to join your home. You can add as many friends as you want.
To join a home as a friend
- If you haven't already, download the Point app from the App Store or Google Play Store and create a user account. You do not have to use the same email address as the invitation was sent to.
- Tap the ☰ icon in the top left corner to open the main menu
- Tap "Join a home"
- Enter the invitation code found in the email you received
- Say hi to your friends using the Groups messaging feature 👋
When are events forwarded to friends?
If an emergency, such as unexpected movement, is detected, an event is generated and sent to the family group as a push notification to your phone. In case no one in the family acknowledges to the notification within 45 seconds, it is automatically forwarded to the selected friends.
What events are forwarded?
The following events are automatically forwarded to friends:
- Movement detected
- Glass break detected
- Other alarms sounds detected