- Turn on the alarm in the app manually and wait 45 seconds for the alarm to arm
- Walk underneath the device to trigger the alarm
- The motion will trigger a push notification to your phone
- After 45 seconds, the siren is activated and the notification escalated to family and friends
- To set a threshold, go into the Minut you want to change in the app and press settings.
- Here you set a threshold for your device and hit save
- The next time Minut updates (once an hour or when you push the button) the thresholds will be applied. From then on, you will get a notification immediately if a threshold is crossed
- Test your smoke alarm for at least 10 seconds
- Alarm should be recognized and a push notification sent to your phone
- Graphs are updated once an hour
- The device does not show real-time data but will notify you immediately if a set threshold is crossed.
Family & Friends
Note that Minut Standard or Minut Pro is required for this feature.
- Notifications can be escalated to Family or Friends after 45 seconds if no action has been taken from you within this period
- Add family or friends through the ”group” tab in the app
- A chat function is available to coordinate if something happens
- Follow this article to make sure your notifications are on.
- Press the large button, the lens. You should receive a notification to your phone through the app, "Button pressed in X".
Minut will analyze your daily temperature and humidity and will show the level of threat ranging from low-medium-high.