Related article: How to use the motion alarm feature
Sharing your location
As we are moving towards using geolocation to automatically turn on and off the alarm. In the latest app release, it is now possible to see who's home, and once we know this is stable enough, we'll also enable users to automatically use the alarm.
Following will happen when the alarm triggers
- The siren on the Minut which detected motion will ring with a loud volume (85 dB).
- You and your family members will instantly receive an emergency notification.
- If you or your family members don't open the notification within 45 seconds an emergency notification will be sent to your added friends.
What is an emergency?
- Motion detected (when the alarm is on)
- Alarm recognised
The new feature Silent alarm lets you arm Minut without the siren going off when there is an emergency event. You will instantly get a notification about the event on your phone, without the 45 sec of grace period. This feature helps you to monitor your home and get notified when something critical happens without the siren going off.
In this article you can see how to turn the silent alarm on:
The Silent Alarm
Minut will automatically notify your friends if you don't open the app within 45 seconds of an emergency event.
Send a customized emergency message to your friends
- Press notify friends
- A pre-written message will be sent to your friends group.
You can communicate with your friends under Groups
inside the Minut app.
Silencing the alarm / Dismiss the emergency
- Open the Minut app
- Press Dissmiss alarm
Turning the alarm off when the siren is ringing can easily be done by any of your family members.
Tags: Alarm, silence, notify, friends, emergency, turn, on, off, siren, ringing, location, home, away, motion, movement