Note: this feature is part of Minut's paid plans, Minut Standard or Minut Pro.
Friends and neighbours that live nearby are often several times faster at responding to emergencies. With the Minut app, you can set up your safety network. Minut forwards critical events to this group in case no one in the family responds.
Minut escalates emergencies (sends a message) to your chosen friends if you or your family don’t open the app within 45 seconds of receiving a notification.
To add a friend
- To add a friend go to the Groups view in the bottom menu of the app.
2. Tap the Add family/friend icon in the upper right corner and press Invite friend in the next view.
3. Enter your friend's name and email to send the invitation code. Now your friend just have to download the app and enter the invitation code to join your home.
Repeat for adding more friends!
To join a home as a friend
- If you haven't already, download the app from the App Store or Google Play Store and create a user account. You do not have to use the same email address as the invitation was sent to.
- Tap the ☰ icon in the top left corner to open the main menu
- Tap "Join a home"
- Enter the invitation code found in the email you received
- Say hi to your friends using the Groups messaging feature 👋
When are events forwarded to friends?
If an emergency, such as unexpected movement or high noise, is detected, an event is generated and sent to the family group as a push notification to your phone. In case no one in the family acknowledges to the notification within 45 seconds, it is automatically forwarded to the selected friends.
What events are forwarded?
The following events are automatically forwarded to friends:
- Movement detected
- High noise event detected
- Glass break detected
- Other alarm sounds detected